Friday 24 March 2006

ajaxWrite and writely

via Michael's Minute

ajaxWrite is a powerful word processor that can read and write Microsoft Word formatted documents. Anytime you need a word processor, need to open a .doc file or edit a .doc file, simply point your Firefox browser at ajaxWrite.com and in seconds a full-featured program will be loaded.


It took me over 6 minutes to load - may be their server is overloaded! When I wanted to open a local file to test, it was taking too long so that I have given up.

From the interface, it looks quite similar to Word(tm), but again some commands can changed place.

It reminded me of writely. I opened writely and in a few seconds, I am logged in.

Writely supports collaboration whereas ajaxWrite does not.

Anyway, since it is free, give it a try and tell me how you feel.

No comments: