From the website:
IT Teachers Summit: Open Learning Approaches to Computing Studies
Date: 4th - 5th October 2007
Venue: Australian Science & Mathematics School (ASMS) and online from wherever teachers are located.
To register visit: www.acce.edu.au/item.asp?pid=1214
- Identify educators who are working is distance education / open learning activities in Computing Studies and person(s) from other disciplines who have had success in alternative program models or who are experts at online and open learning pedagogies.
- Identify, analyse and share models for open learning which best suit teaching and learning which best suit teaching and learning in senior secondary Computer Studies.
- Establish and support open learning communities by identifying schools and teachers that are interested in promoting exemplary practice in open learning in senior secondary Computing Studies.
- Assist SiMERR to identify research and project opportunities.
- Provide a focus for the activities of CEGs on Computer Studies in rural and regional areas.
- Share and learn from the experiences of the state and territory projects.
- Develop recommendations about the future of open learning in Computing Studies and the role of CEGs.