via Clickable Culture
For those like me who cannot read any Spanish, there is an abridged English translation to the essay accompanying the event:
- Part 1: Reverse-engineering; the reward of defeat; new systems of social justice.
- Part 2: Simulated violence to denounce real violence.
- Part 3: Educating with games. Against the simplification proposed by the game industry.
- Part 4: Case-study of two proposals.
- Part 5: Recommendations, diffusion, investigation.
The essay listed many games designed to convey a social message. While a number of these games are not in English, but the translation still gives you an idea of what that is about. In particular, please make sure you read Part 4
videogames are a great medium to convey political and social messages because they can relate between themselves hundreds of variables in the same time. It doesn't mean that games can model perfectly a society, but at least, they can help players get a better understanding of complex situations.